Those of us in the holistic health world are continually frustrated by the lack of WELLNESS information being provided during our current global situation. You will note that I am intentionally avoiding certain words and phrases because much of the information posted about supporting your immune system is being censored in social media. The title of this article is risky in and of itself.
There is much talk about the first 5 Covidments, but then they drop the ball… Here’s a reminder on the first 5:
- 1) Hand washing
- 2) Droplet control (masks or elbows)
- 3) Distancing
- 4) Don’t touch your face
- 5) Stay home
That’s all well and good, but there is so much more one can do and no one is talking about it!
The immune system is amazing and powerful and the reason why the majority of the people infected have a mild or asymptomatic case is because their immune system rocks! The poor people who have a severe case have been thoroughly let down by their immune system. The following are what I consider to be the lost tablet of the 10 Covidments:
- 6) Take vitamins (especially D, K, C, and A) – there is SO MUCH SCIENCE demonstrating how these nutrients help your body to fight off the v-word.
- 7) De-stress – stress is as toxic as sugar and if you find yourself getting irritated by what people are doing/not doing or saying/not saying – walk away and breathe. They are beyond your control.
- 8) Drink water – approximately your body weight divided by 2 in ounces (160 lbs = 80 ounces)
- 9) Eat a healthy/anti-inflammatory diet – everything you eat is either feeding or fighting inflammation. The more inflammation you have, the weaker your immune system is. Sugar, beige carbohydrates, and artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, and preservatives all create inflammation in the body and lower your defenses.
- 10) Get exercise, sleep, and fresh air.
If you’ve been reading my blog or newsletters for any length of time, you’ll note my position on the immune system. I support the living daylights out of it and never admit defeat. I consider my role to be the butler to my immune system. I need to wait on it hand and foot. Give it what it needs. Don’t betray it. And when I need it… BOOM! It rocks!
We aren’t helpless. We are just being made to feel like we are. We have amazing bodies capable of amazing things and all we need to do is provide it with what it needs while not putting in a bunch of toxic junk and… whaddya know… We win the battle.
Patti Bartsch, PhD, MA, CCT
The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prescribe for any disease or condition. Always consult your preferred healthcare provider when making wellness choices.