Naturally Unbridled Wellness is proud to offer Functional Nutrition services by one of the top Functional Nutritionists in the country. Susan Barendregt, MNT, BCHN provides in-office and virtual functional nutrition consultations and lab reviews.
- Vice President, National Association of Nutrition Professionals (2017 through 2019)
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition
- Certified Master Nutrition Therapist
- Certified Herbal Therapist
- Adjunct Faculty, Portland Community College Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Former Editor, Functional Health Minute
- Curriculum Development, Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Expert Witness on Natural Health and Nutrition Legislation, Wisconsin Statehouse
- Creator of “Balanced & Clear” Nutrition Program
FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION is a science-based practice which:
- understands and respects that every person is an individual, and as such, has different requirements for optimum health.
- understands food as the most fundamental aspect of health and healing.
- knows that sometimes a person can benefit from extra nutritional support in the form of supplements or functional foods.
- realizes the impact an individual’s environment, relationships, sleep habits, exercise habits, emotional state, and spiritual state all have on health.
- doesn’t compartmentalize, but realizes that all parts of the body, including the brain, are interconnected and interdependent.
Functional nutrition is a practice that understands wellness is more than the absence of disease, rather, it is a state of ease and optimal functioning. It is the goal of a functional nutritionist to help you reach that state.
Susan often supports clients with hormone, metabolic, and digestive issues by evaluating lab tests and panels. Food sensitivities, parasite panels, hormone panels, and metabolic panels are just some of the assessments she can evaluate in order to make optimal supplement and remedy recommendations for you.
Excess weight, chronic pain, and autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis are issues Susan commonly helps people with. Because everyone comes with a unique history, genetic blueprint, living environment, and set of habits, what works to resolve a problem for one person is often different from what is needed to help the next person with a similar condition. A cookie-cutter approach rarely works, so each client is treated as an individual.
TWO OPTIONS: Susan is available to see clients in our office or via videoconference or telephone. If you aren’t able to travel to the office, you can still get expert guidance and support.
Book an appointment with Susan:
Initial Functional Nutrition (Please note that if you have already been working with a wellness practitioner at Naturally Unbridled Wellness and you wish to work with Susan, you should schedule an “Initial” appointment and we will issue a $30 product credit to account for the difference in the Initial vs. Follow-Up appointment price.
Suggestions and recommendations made by Susan Barendregt are for informational purposes only and are not a replacement for qualified medical care. Always consult your preferred healthcare provider when making wellness choices.